Sunday 25 September 2011

Beginnings of my Building

Ok so a few days ago, I began the construction of my architectural office. It was quite an experience putting it in second-life, 3-D format. In fact, i hadn't quite realized how big it would look amongst the smaller scale projects of other groups. Nevertheless, it has begun, with a few minor additions to the mix, such as the more open, circular style roof. I must say, this is not any where near complete, but just got the memo that once again Kaiako was full! GAH! But luckily i've got the very main parts of my structure in, so I haven't gone into mad panic. Here are just a few pictures of myself building the Architectural Firm I designed for the 'Gathering' project previously:




As far as renovations go, I'm trying to think about this idea of creating happiness, and that inital response to simply smile when entering the architecture.... How I'll achieve this, I'm not yet sure. What I can mention is why i decided to alter the roof to this new, 'open to the sky' structure (bearing in mind it isn't finished and will be a lot less 'open to the sky' than it currently is :) It's a well known fact that natural light enahnces the mood of a building's inhabitants. Considering this, it makes it a feature that I couldn't look past in the design. I was inspired by the object I obtained from Chirag, in which he dealt with this idea of 'giving light'. So there is a connection to this, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment